Export x509v3 certificate and private key

I've downloaded my x509v3 certificate but when I try to export with private
key, the option is greyed out and i can't use certificate to sign e-mails.
Windows XP Pro SP2 and IE 6.0

The same Widnows user profile to request and download certificate ( time 5
minutes request-download )

When I 've requested my certificate, private key file was created and stored
into C:\Documents and Settings\my user profile\Application
data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\SID

when i've downloaded the certificate, private key file not exists in
....\RSA\SID

I've requested a second certificate with the same result on Windows XP SP2

I've requested a third certificate on Windows 98 and IE 6.0 and i can export
private key and I can use my certificate to sign e-mails.

any idea ??

  • IE6 and MS Certificate Services (standalone)
    ... as Active X component fails to download regardless of client ... Server:Win2000 Server with MS Certificate Services ... 2)Select 'Request a certificate', then 'Advanced Request' ...
    (NT-Bugtraq)
  • HttpWebRequest client certificate private key problem (VB.NET 2002)
    ... I have a valid client certificate with a corresponding private key. ... certificate is in x509 format and the .cer file contains the private ... Q1- What kindof filedoes the CreateFromSignedFile accept? ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: Certificate Services Online Request form
    ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. ... > I am having problems with the online certificate request feature of> the Certificate Services. ... I'm trying to request a certificate through> the advanced request option. ... The> problem is the download never seems to finish. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: signing a hash thats been created outside Crypto-API
    ... > This automatically manages acquiring access to the private key contained ... Our requirement is that a user be able to specify a certificate ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: "Access denied" on encrypted files after reinstall
    ... Possibly your private ... administrator account would be the recovery agent which is required in W2K. ... to decrypt them. ... the certificate that you can then try to match up to the certificate in the ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)