Re: User's home share unaccessible after adding an Outlook profile

In news:653F90B1-36D0-42B7-92AE-2B76691DBEC3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
KeRT <KeRT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> typed:
I have Windows XP SP2 machines in a SBS 2003 domain. Exchange has
been set up and everyone can access their e-mail with Outlook 2003
just fine. We just had an employee leave, so I added a profile to
one person's outlook to be able to access that employee's e-mail.

So you a) granted this user "full mailbox access" to the old user's mailbox
in ADUC and then b) added the mailbox as a secondary one to the user's mail
profile? that's what I do......

After doing so, she was unable to access her network home drive!

Via a mapped drive, UNC path, ???

This is the share set up automatically when her account was added to
active directory. I checked permissions on the folder and nothing
had changed.

To test, I added permissions to her folder for the employee who had
left and then she was able to access her files on that share!

I don't know what you mean....

How is this possible? How can I fix it? I've already removed the
extra profile.

Outlook profile? Outlook has nothing to do with this - it would help if you
explained exactly what you did.....

I tried disconnecting all of her network shares and
rebooting.

I was able to connect to it correctly using "Net use h:
//server/users/name /USER:domain/name" and did not have to specify a
password, but as soon as she logged off and on again, it was back to
the way it was before.

Any ideas?

Are you using a login script? You should be....even a basic batch file.

net use * /del
net use h: /home /persistent:no
net use x: \\server\share /persistent:no
net use y: \\server\share /persistent:no

(etc)

Thanks!
Kevin

  • Re: Is it possible to show shared Contact on the Address Book?
    ... "Profile" here means Outlook profile, ... mailbox, not your own mailbox. ... Use the More Settings button on the Exchange accounts ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.contacts)
  • Re: Deleting sent items from a mailbox
    ... mailbox. ... OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO ... accessing the profile. ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.messaging)
  • Re: outlook 2002 contacts sharing
    ... Create profile that logs onto other mailbox. ... Set distinctive address book name for contacts folder. ... Shut down Outlook. ... Modify that same profile to add the other mailbox as a secondary mailbox. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.contacts)
  • Re: Deleting sent items from a mailbox
    ... OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO ... accessing the profile. ... I have a windows service which accesses a mailbox to process ...