Re: Accessing Systems w/Administrator and blank password

JohnK wrote:
I have a set of 3 systems which I use for testing that are connect
to a switch but not the internet. I want to use a blank Admin
password but then I can't access these devices (shares don't like
Admin w/o passwords).

What can I change on the 3 systems to allow the shares to work?
Would prefer not to set a password only so I don't forget it.

What *are* these systems?
(Operating System(s) and versions)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

  • Re: DC Admin question
    ... If someone needed to manage file shares, I would say, there are these X ... I would prefer no printers on DCs nor even queues, ... enhanced rights to is for some, likely good, reason. ... solutions to the unacceptible obvious one of giving admin. ...
  • Re: Accessing SBS 2003 Shares with XP Home
    ... can see in server in network neighborhood. ... I have tried user password and admin password. ... access shares very easily. ... of the Admin account that was assigned to that share. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Defautl Hidden Shares
    ... the admin shares do slightly simplify life for that rogue person that must ... It's an even bigger risk if you left the local admin password blank... ... Those only allow access by an admin account. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • use of compmgmt.msc to create/manage remote shares + ntfs permissions
    ... creation) only when they need to carry out those tasks. ... administrators group on these remote servers (they are server ... shares to connect on the fly to the remote server, ... obviously don't have admin rights to. ...
  • RE: Any way to remove ADMIN$ only?
    ... shares except for ADMIN$. ... modify it under the terms of the GNU GPL, as published by the Free Software ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)