Re: Password expiration in XP Pro

Offhand I don't know why the discrepancy but he will need to change his
password by 2-10-06. If he does not he simply will get a message that states
your password has expired and you need to change it before you can logon at
which time he will need to enter his old password and then new password
twice to change it. --- Steve

"bhammer" <bhammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
When I take those steps, it tells me that the last time it was changed was
in
nov. of last year and it is not due to be changed until 2-10-06. How
could
it have asked him to change it, if it wasn't due to be changed?

"Steven L Umbach" wrote:

Possibly his user account is configured in account properties to never
expire which will override any password policy. Use the command net user
username using his logon name as username to find out more about his user
account, password last set, etc as shown in the example below. ---
Steve

D:\Documents and Settings\Steve>net user steve
User name Steve
Full Name
Comment
User's comment
Country code 000 (System Default
Account active Yes
Account expires Never

Password last set 9/25/1852 11:12 AM
Password expires Never
Password changeable 9/25/2004 11:12 AM
Password required Yes
User may change password Yes

Workstations allowed All
Logon script
User profile
Home directory
Last logon 2/2/2006 10:59 AM

Logon hours allowed All

Local Group Memberships *Administrators
Global Group memberships *None
The command completed successfully.

"bhammer" <bhammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I am working in a multi user network and have set the password policy to
expire in 90 days with a 14 day prior warning. One of my users
recently
received the warning but never changed his password. His 14 days have
gone
by but he is still able to log in. I am testing other users but
figured
someone might have come across this before. Any help?

.