Re: Password expiration in XP Pro

Offhand I don't know why the discrepancy but he will need to change his
password by 2-10-06. If he does not he simply will get a message that states
your password has expired and you need to change it before you can logon at
which time he will need to enter his old password and then new password
twice to change it. --- Steve

"bhammer" <bhammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
When I take those steps, it tells me that the last time it was changed was
in
nov. of last year and it is not due to be changed until 2-10-06. How
could
it have asked him to change it, if it wasn't due to be changed?

"Steven L Umbach" wrote:

Possibly his user account is configured in account properties to never
expire which will override any password policy. Use the command net user
username using his logon name as username to find out more about his user
account, password last set, etc as shown in the example below. ---
Steve

D:\Documents and Settings\Steve>net user steve
User name Steve
Full Name
Comment
User's comment
Country code 000 (System Default
Account active Yes
Account expires Never

Password last set 9/25/1852 11:12 AM
Password expires Never
Password changeable 9/25/2004 11:12 AM
Password required Yes
User may change password Yes

Workstations allowed All
Logon script
User profile
Home directory
Last logon 2/2/2006 10:59 AM

Logon hours allowed All

Local Group Memberships *Administrators
Global Group memberships *None
The command completed successfully.

"bhammer" <bhammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I am working in a multi user network and have set the password policy to
expire in 90 days with a 14 day prior warning. One of my users
recently
received the warning but never changed his password. His 14 days have
gone
by but he is still able to log in. I am testing other users but
figured
someone might have come across this before. Any help?

  • Re: Way to go Adobe!
    ... Adobe all along had stated that the beta would expire upon ... Do you think Sandman wanted the product he ordered to expire before he could ... Steve accused you of something you did not do... ... (Steve has since admitted he lies when he accuses me of this) ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Remote User Needs to Change PWD without connecting to domain
    ... Knowing it would expire, I unplugged my ... computer from the network before leaving work on Friday. ... I conclude from this experiment that the password in cached credentials does not ... logon with cached credentials. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Same problem
    ... Set action to take when logon hours expire - logoff does not work Windows 2008 and Vista ?? ... Test GPO is linked to the domain with domain user ... Other settings I have configured in the test GPO for user configuration are ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: images blocked
    ... "Steve Cochran" wrote in message ... I had to click on the Icon at the Welcome Screen to continue to my Desktop and I never set a logon password. ... If you go to the Control Panel | User Accounts, you should see an ASP.NET account that was created. ... wonder if there's some underlying security settings in that .NET Framework ...
  • Re: Logging a user off at a certain time
    ... Use the Default domain policy. ... Disconnect client when logon hours ... Microsoft network server: Disconnect clients when logon hours expire: This ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)