Re: Should Messenger Service Be Disabled in Network Environment?

You certainly can enable it if you find it useful but beware that some users
on the network like to send out naughty/abusive messages to everyone or
specific users. You certainly could have a policy to not tolerate such and I
believe an event is recorded in the application or system log of the
receiving computer that shows the source of the message. Computers that have
their Windows Firewall enabled will not receive the messages unless the
proper exception is enabled in the firewall which could be from specific IP
addresses only such as administrative workstations.  --- Steve

.