Re: Task manager disabled by administrator

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Taskmanager_error.htm
Error Message: "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator"
Also note that Malware turns on these restrictions.
You may wish to check on this:-

Ad-Aware    http://www.lavasoftusa.com
SpyBot S&D   http://www.safer-networking.org
CWShredder   http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract/cwshredder_download.html

Make sure you update Ad-Aware and SpyBot before running the scan.
Information on cleaning Windows Startup: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startup.htm
Also recommended is a full virus scan (which has been updated)

Enable/repair the Task Manager (#113)

Enable the Task Manager (Line 51)

Allows you to enable or disable Task Manager for the Current User
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_taskmgrenab.htm

Lift Restrictions - Task Manager, Regedit and CMD (Line 275)

Troubleshooting the Task Manager
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_t.htm#tm

--
===========================
TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2006

"Lexie" <Lexie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:44918567-8A94-43AA-88DC-6CBA5274B297@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
When I try to open Task Manager I get the error"Task manager disabled by
administrator"

I tried the fix in the community written KB, but a registry key it refered
to (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software]Microsoft\windows\currentversion\group
policy\object\localuser\software\Microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\system

was not in my registry.  Perhaps the KB had a typo, I am the only user on my
laptop, and don't know how this happened.  Any help would be GREATLY
appreciated.

Thank!

  • Re: Windows Stalls during Startup
    ... And the only thing that I have been able to find to get the desktop icons ... and other features displayed is to open the task manager and from there ... Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware which found a number of problems. ... Once that registry key was fixed the logon process completed ...
  • Re: Troubleshooting - Blank screen - Loss of all icons & toolbars
    ... "John John" wrote: ... > and you will be able to look at the registry key Dave mentioned. ... > running Explorer from the Task Manager and see what happens. ... > %systemroot% folder refers to the folder where Windows is installed, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Error in server while printing
    ... Look in task manager and attempt to locate the process which is throwing the ... If nothing jumps out at you, get a list of the current processes, then ... Also did you restart the spooler after adding the registry key? ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.printing)
  • Re: Troubleshooting - Blank screen - Loss of all icons & toolbars
    ... You can run just about any program from the Task Manager. ... and you will be able to look at the registry key Dave mentioned. ... %systemroot% folder refers to the folder where Windows is installed, ... John ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: TrayNotify
    ... If you restart explorer.exe as per Task Manager and that registry key is not ... explorer for browsing your PC. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)