Re: Clear Login Dialog Box

You're welcome.

Nepatsfan

"Dr. C" <DrC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:012FEE1E-D82A-4DF5-A09D-7F89337D8B89@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Nepatsfan,
> Thanks your solution work like a charm exactly what I was
> looking for.
> Thanks,
>
> DR. C
>
> "Nepatsfan" wrote:
>
>> "Dr. C" <DrC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> > Good Day,
>> > I am using Windows XP Home at Home (first time normally I
>> > use
>> > Professional,
>> > but it came with the Laptop). I have modified the Registry
>> > so
>> > I have to press
>> > Ctrl+Alt+Delete for the Log In screen, but I would also
>> > like
>> > to have the last
>> > User name removed from the Dialog box, I have done some
>> > searching for this,
>> > and nothing has been successful, I do not have an Advance
>> > Tab
>> > in the Users
>> > area (in the Control panel), like the Microsoft Website
>> > suggested so that is
>> > out, unless you can tell me how to activate it. I am not
>> > used
>> > to working in
>> > the Registry so please respond with some what complete
>> > details on how to
>> > do's, but I am not new to Computers I have achieved the
>> > PhD
>> > and Microsoft
>> > Certification (MS Boot Camp in Germany) level.
>> > Thanks in advance,
>> >
>> > Dr. C
>>
>> Since Local Security Policy is not available in XP Home
>> Edition, you're going to have to edit the registry to
>> accomplish your goal.
>>
>> Start the Registry Editor and Navigate to this key:
>>
>> HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
>>
>> In the right hand pane, right click dontdisplaylastusername.
>> Select Modify from the menu
>> Change the Value data to 1.
>> Note: If the value dontdisplaylastusername doesn't exist on
>> your computer, right click an open area in the right hand
>> pane
>> and select New -> DWORD value. Rename the new value
>> dontdisplaylastusername and change the data to 1.
>> Close the registry editor and reboot to see if you've
>> achieved
>> the desired results.
>>
>> Here's an article that explains the process:
>>
>> Restrict Showing the Last Username
>> http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/988/
>>
>> Good luck
>>
>> Nepatsfan

  • Re: domain removal
    ... you, but I had exported the registry xpriorn and then, later, imported. ... "Nepatsfan" wrote: ... > were put there by SpywareBlaster so that Internet Explorer ... Click on the Security tab. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: domain removal
    ... Nepatsfan, hi- You hit it right on the head! ... I also removed zone map from registry and no sites now show up-we will ... > number of entries to the Restriced Sites zone within Internet ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Clear Login Dialog Box
    ... "Nepatsfan" wrote: ... I have modified the Registry so ... > In the right hand pane, right click dontdisplaylastusername. ...
  • Re: Clear Login Dialog Box
    ... Thanks, Nepatsfan, I'll give it a try and see, I'll let you now how in the ... I have modified the Registry so ... > In the right hand pane, right click dontdisplaylastusername. ...
  • Re: Clear Login Dialog Box
    ... I have modified the Registry so ... In the right hand pane, right click dontdisplaylastusername. ... Close the registry editor and reboot to see if you've achieved ...