Re: program won't run from user account

"Malke" <notreally@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:OlitkbRHGHA.1192@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Pete wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I have XP Pro, and I've set myself up with an administrator account
>> and my son with a user account.
>>
>> I installed MP3 software in the user account but it won't run from the
>> user
>> account. It only runs from the admin account. Here's what I've tried
>> so far:
>>
>> 1. Installed the program in the admin account
>>
>> 2. Installed the program in the user account
>>
>> 3. Set permissions for users to have full read and write access to
>> the program's folder
>>
>> It will still only run from the admin account
>
> Contact tech support for the program and ask them on what registry keys
> you need to change permissions for their program. Alternately, if you
> can't contact their tech support (and that is your first step), you can
> run RegMon/FileMon from Systernals to see what keys and files are
> involved in running the program so you can change the permissions on
> them.
>
> Malke
> --

Thanks Malke

I will try that

Pete

  • Re: Exchange 2003 full mailbox permissions
    ... "Using KB article 821897 "How to Assign Service Account Access to All ... to give my user account every available permission (i.e. all except ... "Special Permissions", which is greyed out) on the mailbox store ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: How to view all files/folders denied to a particular User?
    ... account called Visitor, ... tightly defined access permissions is precisely what I was doing. ... This account has access to most files and folders, ... a user account and get a list of files denied. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Exchange 2003 full mailbox permissions
    ... Using KB article 821897 "How to Assign Service Account Access to All ... to give my user account every available permission (i.e. all except ... "Special Permissions", which is greyed out) on the mailbox store ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Unable to start application to connect to Access database
    ... Make sure this user account has read/write permissions to the MDB file. ... Here's more info on impersonation: ...
  • Re: Windows Passwords
    ... "Windows Vista for Dummies" manual. ... I started by creating a test user account. ... The reason I say this is that, when I turned the Guest ...