Re: "You don't have permission...."
- From: "Steven L Umbach" <n9rou@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 19:19:24 -0600
What version of XP? If you have XP Pro with simple file sharing disabled on
the other computer you need to create a user account on the other computer
that matches the logon/password you are using on the client computer. ---
"mwardtel" <mwardtel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> When trying to set up a home network on my new machine and having used the
> wizard, when I try to find the other machine it hunts and then comes up
> a box that says I don't have permission and I should contact the
> I am the administrator and my account says so.
> What do I do?
> Thanks for any help!
- Prev by Date: Re: Can't get my files and printer shared with Norton Anti Virus and Autoprotect
- Next by Date: Re: SP2 Deployment
- Previous by thread: Re: "You don't have permission...."
- Next by thread: Can't get my files and printer shared with Norton Anti Virus and Autoprotect