Re: "You don't have permission...."

What version of XP? If you have XP Pro with simple file sharing disabled on
the other computer you need to create a user account on the other computer
that matches the logon/password you are using on the client computer. ---
Steve

"mwardtel" <mwardtel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> When trying to set up a home network on my new machine and having used the
> wizard, when I try to find the other machine it hunts and then comes up
> with
> a box that says I don't have permission and I should contact the
> administrator.
>
> I am the administrator and my account says so.
>
> What do I do?
>
> Thanks for any help!

  • Re: I got a virus help
    ... Most Windows users will tell you that this is akin to the "Administrator" account on your PC, but that is not exactly the case. ... Microsoft has attempted to emulate this technique many times, but always fails miserably in its implementation. ... But wait, you say, doesn't Mac OS have that same problem? ... So if you happen to exploit one of them, you can only do what that small, very restricted user account can do... ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)
  • Re: in trouble
    ... administrator and I can only see log in as a owner. ... Method 1 - If you have a Vista installation DVD you can ... CompAdmin and create a new Standard user account for your daily work. ... operating system structure. ...
  • Re: use login password or not?
    ... win98:) as I came here from 2K pro, but your point is well taken. ... gave me the user account dialogs I'm more familiar with. ... I'm not using Administrator, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: COM+ question
    ... DCOM Config snap-in. ... component can only administrator. ... The preferred way to assign a user account to a ... user account to a Windows group. ...
  • Re: How to set admin on new computer
    ... Thanks for the warning. ... I have the xp pro at work and the admin only has ... >> work I set the administrator up after the fact, ... just don't make another user account when you set up the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)