Re: Computer don't start help me please

What happens when you try to reboot using the Windows install cd?? If you
never see the option for such then you need to configure your computer's
cmos to boot from the cdrom as first choice in the list of available choices
under boot or startup options. You usually can access cmos by tapping the
delete key on your computer while booting or it should flash a message
saying press whatever key to access computer settings early in the startup
of the computer and before Windows loads. --- Steve

"marcos80B" <marcos80B@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>I have a problem with a starting my PC.
> I have XP pro.
> and my problem is the following :
>
> \windows\system32\config\system
>
> this file is missing or defectuous
> and I can't reboot my pc with CD XP, and can't reboot with norton can you
> help me? Do you know this problem please??
> thank you for your help. you can response me at the email :
> m_barrigon_9@xxxxxxxxxxx
> --
> marcos

  • Re: Windows problem ... not sure where to start
    ... After uninstalling several I got a message that popped up saying some windows feature was missing and that the computer rebooted. ... Onbn reboot I get the message "NTDLR is missing" and told to use CTRL ALT Delete to reboot. ... If there isn't a floppy in the drive then try "Method 2: Use the Recovery Console" listed here (it's for Win2K but will work for XP and MS doesn't appear to have a seperate instructions specifically for XP ... Is there anyway that I can repair the Windows install on the original HD so I ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Windows problem ... not sure where to start
    ... After uninstalling several I got a message that popped up saying some windows feature was missing and that the computer rebooted. ... Onbn reboot I get the message "NTDLR is missing" and told to use CTRL ALT Delete to reboot. ... If there isn't a floppy in the drive then try "Method 2: Use the Recovery Console" listed here (it's for Win2K but will work for XP and MS doesn't appear to have a seperate instructions specifically for XP ... Is there anyway that I can repair the Windows install on the original HD so I ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Windows problem ... not sure where to start
    ... The error message that came up asked me if I wanted to report the error to MS. ... After uninstalling several I got a message that popped up saying some windows feature was missing and that the computer rebooted. ... From that point I would be able to start up windows but it was only a minute or two before it would reboot on its own. ... Is there anyway that I can repair the Windows install on the original HD so I ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: INSTALLING SOFTWARE - PROBLEM
    ... >> I have run services msc, disabled the windows install, reboot, cleaned out the temp folders, rebooted, enamled the windows installer and rebooted then tried again, to no avail. ...
  • Re: Windows problem ... not sure where to start
    ... Originally my problem started when the computer would just up and reboot. ... some windows feature was missing and that the computer rebooted. ... >> there anyway that I can repair the Windows install on the original HD so I ... > original installation, such as detailed error messages, conditions, etc. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)