Re: Domain group policy problem!!!Help me!!

Okay, Let me try.
Damn..It shows errors: Windows Management Instrumentation doesn't start !
Ok, I run the Services.msc, and try to start this service but failed.:( It
told me that: The dependency service cann't be started.
So , what are the dependency services for WMI? thanks a lot.

-----------------

"Steven L Umbach" wrote:

> If you run rsop.msc you can see what your Group Policy settings are for when
> you are on the domain and when you are logged on locally to see the
> difference in "user" configuration which may include logon scripts. It would
> seem that something being applied form the domain is causing your computer
> to act the way it does since it does not happen when you logon locally. --
> Steve
>

> "Eric Luu" <EricLuu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > Hey Steven, Happy New year!
> > So, this issue only happens when I log in the domain , I create a new
> > local
> > admin account, and logged in to Local computer, everything is fine(Start
> > menu, Run shortcut and so on.).
> > In fact, I can not test in safe mode(need to log in local but not domain).
> > And, I losted the orginal XP Pro setup disk so I can not repair/fix the
> > system. so bad.:(
> > Anyway, thanks a lot for your reply. :)
> > --
> >

> > "Steven L Umbach" wrote:
> >
> >> It does not sound like it is Group Policy related. Group Policy is mostly
> >> about locking down a computer or standardizing user configuration and
> >> what
> >> you describe is quirky results of routine tasks and if it was Group
> >> Policy
> >> most everyone could be affected. You can run rsop.msc on your computer to
> >> see your effective Group Policy at any point in time and the application
> >> log
> >> in Event Viewer will show if there are Group Policy processing problems
> >> that
> >> usually result when a domain controller can not be located or contacted.
> >> You
> >> might try booting into Safe Mode next time the problem happens to see if
> >> it
> >> goes away or not. If it does then you have a startup process that is
> >> causing
> >> the problem. Beyond that I don't know what the problem is and I usually
> >> do
> >> an upgrade/repair install to try and fix the problem if it can not be
> >> resolved due to a startup process conflict. --- Steve
> >>

> >> "Eric Luu" <EricLuu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

  • Re: DFRG BootOptimizeFunction Error
    ... >I ran rundll32 advapi32 ProcessIdleTasks from my Admin account and it worked ... >group policy that is causing this process to be run ... tools/advanced info/view group policy settings applied ...
  • Re: Exchange settings not there and dns issue?
    ... What I've found is the bandwidth restriction, at times, is causing the group policy to work in "slow link" mode. ... With the regards to the Exchange settings, a couple of reboots and it begins to function as it should. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Domain group policy problem!!!Help me!!
    ... >> It does not sound like it is Group Policy related. ... >> in Event Viewer will show if there are Group Policy processing problems ... >> might try booting into Safe Mode next time the problem happens to see if ... But I shut down the system restore function long time ...
  • Re: No Controller Detected
    ... Dick, the first step is to go through all your startup locations ... Once you find the program, driver, service etc. that's causing ... >> I have not found a group policy solution yet, so I log in as admin when I ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: >>>Domain Users<<< UNABLE to logon
    ... Assuming this is a group policy setting, ... Run Resultant Set of Policy to see what group policy is causing this. ... the SBS domain with \connectcomputer? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)