Re: removal of administrator and computer name

confused wrote:

> I am trying to remove my login name that comes up on the welcome
> screen as well as the computer name. I have gone into the safe mode
> and added users as admin but still am unable to remove my name from
> the computer. Can someone assist me with this? as well as removing the
> computer name?

Your description of what you are trying to do is ambiguous. To use the
classic logon screen, go to User Accounts in Control Panel and "Change
the way users log on". Disable the Welcome Screen.

To delete a user account, log onto an account with administrative
privileges and use the User Accounts applet to delete the user.

Otherwise, please go here for help in making a good newsgroup post:
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Then come back with a clear description of your computer and what you
are trying to do.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

  • Re: public folders
    ... so are you saying that some users actually have "Local" user accounts that ... > domain and subdomain). ... > as they login to the domain. ... We have users log into their local ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin)
  • Re: Windows XP password protection
    ... Login to and account with Administrator access. ... Then go to User Accounts in Control Panel and password Administrator. ...
  • Re: User Settings
    ... Start, Settings, Control Panel ... User Accounts ... Select 'Change the way users log on or off' ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Cannot See One of the XP Users
    ... >> of the control panel I cannot set the ... >> login or the user accounts area of the contol panel. ... >The files for that user profile should still be on the ...
  • Re: Startup user selection vs small-fill-in-the-blank
    ... back to the XP default showing the users (with a silly icon). ... I was messing with settings to get sharing working within my subnet and inadvertantly got the settings stuck with the rectangle wherein I must fill in my user name. ... To specify that users log on to the computer using the Welcome screen, select the Use the Welcome screen check box. ... To open User Accounts, click Start, click Control Panel, and then click User Accounts. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)