Re: removal of administrator and computer name
- From: Malke <notreally@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 08:49:41 -0800
> I am trying to remove my login name that comes up on the welcome
> screen as well as the computer name. I have gone into the safe mode
> and added users as admin but still am unable to remove my name from
> the computer. Can someone assist me with this? as well as removing the
> computer name?
Your description of what you are trying to do is ambiguous. To use the
classic logon screen, go to User Accounts in Control Panel and "Change
the way users log on". Disable the Welcome Screen.
To delete a user account, log onto an account with administrative
privileges and use the User Accounts applet to delete the user.
Otherwise, please go here for help in making a good newsgroup post:
Then come back with a clear description of your computer and what you
are trying to do.
Elephant Boy Computers
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
- Prev by Date: Re: Trojan/Browsela/Looksky
- Next by Date: RE: How to restore secret partition
- Previous by thread: Re: Trojan/Browsela/Looksky
- Next by thread: Re: Access Denied to folder with XP Server 2003