Cannot enable software DEP for all programs - why?

I am attempting to enable the software DEP for all programs and
services, using the instructions provided by the MS KB atricle. Win XP
Pro, sp2, fully patched. When I close the dialog after clicking the
radio button to "turn on DEP for all programs", I get the reboot your
computer warning. I reboot, since the computer does not force a
reboot. When I bring up the DEP tab again, DEP for all programs is not
selected. I can't turn it on. Looked to KB articles and XP group
entires on this and found nothing. Anyone seen this problem?

  • Re: building the kernel
    ... >> make dep bzImage install ... > reboot if no errors in lilo ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Nikon Capture 4.1 BSOD
    ... It installs & requires a reboot. ... Set the USB setting in the D70 to PTP .. ... Done the usual uninstall, registry cleanout, reboot, reinstall etc. ... Capture 4.1 doesn't play nice with WindowsXP SP2 DEP. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • How to disable PAE in Windows 2K3 SP1.
    ... I have a question about DEP in Win2K3 SP1.That is why I already added ... /noexcute=alwaysoff instead of OptIn.But when I reboot my system,I still can ... Prev by Date: ...
  • Cannot enable software DEP for all programs - why?
    ... Pro, sp2, fully patched. ... radio button to "turn on DEP for all programs", I get the reboot your ... computer warning. ...
  • Re: SP2 64 bit version?
    ... But I have been going round and round with this issue since SP2 was ... like I said I've tried to set DEP to not monitor these programs but the list ... > or other driver that requires mpegport.sys. ... > When you restart your computer after you install Windows XP SP2, ...