Re: Sun Java

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 10:02:08 -0500, "MAP" <mikepawlak2REM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> JC wrote:
> > On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 23:47:34 -0500, "David H. Lipman"
> > <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:
> >
> >> If you are using any version of Sun Java that is prior to JRE Version 5.0, then
> >> you are are strongly urged to remove any/all versions that are prior to JRE
> >> Version 5.0. There are vulnerabilities in them and they are actively being
> >> exploited. It is possible that is how you got infected with malware.
> >>
> >> Therefore, it is highly suggested that if there are any prior versions of Sun Java
> >> to Version 5 on the PC that they be removed and Sun Java JRE Version
> >> 5.0 Update 6 be installed ASAP.
> >
> > Hi David,
> >
> > I checked Add/Remove Programs on my PC and found the following
> >
> > J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 update 2 117MB
> > J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 update 4 118MB
> > J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 update 5 118MB
> > J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 update 6 119MB
> > Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2_06 108MB
> >
> > I gather from the above that I should delete the SE v1.4.2_06 install.
> >
> > Will there be any repercussions if I also dump the updates 2, 4 and 5?
>
> I removed all of the older updates a few days ago.....no troubles here.

I dumped all but update 6 this morning. Fingers crossed!
--

Cheers . . . JC

  • Re: "Your computer has been infected with malware" windows update icon
    ... It is suggested that you execute each tool in Normal Mode then in Safe ... If you are using any version of Sun Java that is prior to JRE Version ...
  • Re: Desktop Wallpaper is locked
    ... then you are strongly urged to remove any/all versions that are prior to JRE ... it is highly suggested that if there are any prior versions of Sun Java ... Secured2K's SpyAxe, PSGuard, Smitfraud, Sinnaka and Alemod removal tool. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Desktop Wallpaper is locked
    ... It is suggested that you execute each tool in Normal Mode then in Safe ... If you are using any version of Sun Java that is prior to JRE Version ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Spy Sherriff
    ... If you are using any version of Sun Java that is prior to JRE Version 5.0, ... Secured2K's SpyAxe, PSGuard, Smitfraud, Sinnaka and Alemod removal tool. ...
  • Re: Annoying graphic
    ... > | Ross ... > If you are using any version of Sun Java that is prior to JRE Version 5.0, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)