Re: Help, User Rights Assignment in Local Policies keep resetting

Is this a computer on an Active Directory domain as found in many businesses
or schools or not?? If not you have something strange going on that may be
malware related or maybe due to a "protection" program that is locking your
computer down for you. It may help to enable auditing of "policy change" for
success and failure in Local Security Policy to see if it shows when and who
is changing your user rights. --- Steve

"oozzzii" <osminm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hello, this is happening on a Windows XP Professional, SP2 fully
> patched. It used to share files on the network but suddenly it stopped
> doing so. After some reading I found that the User Rights Assignment
> propery was missing the required values. So I added the accounts and
> this allowed the computer to share files again.
>
> This would work for a few minutes but five minutes later computer
> trying to access the share could not because the settings were blank
> again. I repeated the process of adding the values to User Rights
> Assignment and they keep resetting.
>
> Has anyone encountered this problem? How were you able to solve it or
> work around it? Thank you.

  • Re: ADMT Computer Migratn nuked XP Local Policy?!
    ... > ADMT Computer Migration. ... >> I think the problem is really strange. ... you may tried to add a local user into one of the user rights ... >> Vincent Xu ...
  • Re: unable to perform "perfmon" on a remote Windows XP Pro
    ... I verified that the remote registry service is running on that XP Pro ... > and check the user rights in Local Security Policy to make sure that they ... >> Pro's local administrators group. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Restricting User Logon
    ... If you open the Local Security Policy and drill in under the Security ... of the Local Policy you will find a node named User Rights. ... If an account, or a group in which the account is a member, is included ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: remove group policy from user rights assignment
    ... Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro ... > from the user rights assignment. ...
  • RE: UserRights Assignment for IIS accounts
    ... When you first install IIS, it will place it's users in the correct User Rights Assignment in order ... | Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)