Help, User Rights Assignment in Local Policies keep resetting

Hello, this is happening on a Windows XP Professional, SP2 fully
patched. It used to share files on the network but suddenly it stopped
doing so. After some reading I found that the User Rights Assignment
propery was missing the required values. So I added the accounts and
this allowed the computer to share files again.

This would work for a few minutes but five minutes later computer
trying to access the share could not because the settings were blank
again. I repeated the process of adding the values to User Rights
Assignment and they keep resetting.

Has anyone encountered this problem? How were you able to solve it or
work around it? Thank you.

  • Help, User Rights Assignment in Local Policies keep resetting
    ... Hello, this is happening on a Windows XP Professional, SP2 fully ... It used to share files on the network but suddenly it stopped ... After some reading I found that the User Rights Assignment ...
  • Help, User Rights Assignment in Local Policies keep resetting
    ... Hello, this is happening on a Windows XP Professional, SP2 fully ... It used to share files on the network but suddenly it stopped ... After some reading I found that the User Rights Assignment ...
  • Re: Networking issues - "Logon failure"
    ... I have run the Network Setup Wizard and I ... The problem is with user rights assignments on the desktop computer. ... The Guest account settings in Control Panel | User Accounts have ... If the desktop computer runs Windows XP Professional: ...
  • Re: Creating a Custom Users Group in Windows XP Professional
    ... In GPEDIT, you should be able to go to Computer Configuration, Windows Settings, Security Settings, Local Policies, User rights assignments and modify the Load and unload device driver setting to allow Power Users, or your custom group to this policy. ... The biggest issue with a custom group is ensuring that you give them access to everything they need access to. ...
  • Re: Interactivity Logon not permitted
    ... Somehow you botched up the logon locally or deny logon locally user rights ... Management from your XP computer to view the security logs on the Windows ... > Renamed Administrator Account ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)