Re: Anti-virus recommendations

Dave: I have used Norton for many years on my home pc. However, I just
this week switched to AVG (Free) and am extremely happy with it. I truly
realize now just how much of a resource hog Norton really is.

Tom
| From: "jasonkruser" <jasonkruser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
|
|| Not really ten...just exadurating...but alot....lower than 10...but all
the
|| norton ones, i have bought. but Kaspersky Antivirus uses too much
memory..I
|| hace 512 MB and slows my pc down.
|
| Norton AV is far worse !
|
| NOD32 is lighter on resources than both.
|
| --
| Dave
| http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
| http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  • Re: Queries about Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition
    ... Those are NOT credible sources? ... was a great improvement over previous bloat crippled Norton products. ... | where Dave did not and was little more thena 'broken record' of claims ... online tool for VIRUS AUTHORS. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Anti-virus recommendations
    ... | Dave: I have used Norton for many years on my home pc. ... | realize now just how much of a resource hog Norton really is. ... AVG may be OK. ... The following is a Virus Total report on a a suspect that was originally submitted to AVG on ...
  • Re: Stupid Fscking Windows
    ... Norton virus stuff and ZoneAlarm and install the PCGuard stuff supplied ... everything, including the VNC server. ... I can't remember whether I told you by email or posted it here, Dave, but I received an email purporting to be from "Jenny M" and also addressed to yourself, inviting us to check out her website. ... I started backing-up all my user stuff, and self-installed software to an external HDD, meanwhile running AdAware and Norton AV after every connection to the Internet. ...
    (uk.singles)
  • Re: Trend Virus Pattern Files
    ... Dave, thought I would get back to ypu and let you know how i got on. ... followed your instructions but dod not detect any problems not withstanding ... processes you suggested I also ran AVG and for reasons I dont understand AVG ... recommended plus the ones they recommended - I also ran Norton. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Queries about Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition
    ... Those are NOT credible sources? ... respected "In the Wild" testing award. ... As for the quality of the Norton 2009 it is generally accepted that it ... Your ad hominem attack on Dave is of little interest to anybody in this ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)