Re: IPSec Help Requested

Sometimes I have seen where you need to reboot to have changes in an ipsec
policy apply. You can use the mmc snapins for Ip Security to make sure that
your ipsec policy shows your filters as you have them configured. ---

"Yogi_Bear_79" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>I use the built-in IP filtering in the Windows XP OS. I have had great
>success blocking nuisance IPs from connecting to my web server.
> I built an FTP server that I want to block all incoming access to, then
> allow a couple of specific IPs. It appears that I can only have one
> security policy assigned at a time, so I added the block all statement to
> my webserver ACL filter list
> Any IP, My IP, TCP, Port 21, Inbound.
> Yet I can still connect from an outside source. I can't see what I Did
> wrong as the other blocks are working, the only difference is on this one
> I specified the protocol, and the port.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IPSec without encryption between intranet and standalone
    ... Are _all_ of your filters set to either permit or block actions, ... I've also unassinged the IPSec polcy and instantly the 'lag' disappears ... Microsoft MVP (Windows Server: Security) ... security associations (Kerberos and talk of shared key). ...
  • Re: IPSEC Failing (Secure Server)
    ... Troubleshooting IPSec ... exchanges by enabling Audit Policy, which causes security events to be ... logged in the security log of the Event Viewer. ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN, Anti-Virus, Tips & Troubleshooting on ...
  • Re: OU Security - best setup?
    ... configure the Domain Security Policy to use password complexity as poor passwords are ... Pro computers however can use ipsec and domain controllers must be exempt from ipsec ... > restrict what users can ...
  • RE: Access to well-known ports on Win2K
    ... IPSEc does not provide security at the user level; ... policy - works for all users of the machine; and can allow or block access ... many routes for deployment as you mention: Group Policy; Local Security ... > TCP/IP Filtering does not provide port level security at the ...
  • Re: Windows 9x clients authentication
    ... configuring the lan manger authentication level to be "send ntlmv2 responses ... That is a security option under security settings/local ... The only really secure method would be to use ipsec "require" policy on all ...