Re: Help!My Computer says I cannot logon Interactively

Somehow your user account lost the user right to logon locally. This is not
something that should happen out of the blue. If your computer is a member
of an Active Directory domain which it sounds like since you apparently
logged on via your UPN then someone may have been messing with domain level
policies for user rights during the day. If anyone can logon to your
computer as a local administrator they can use Local Security Policy and go
to local policies/user rights to view the user rights for logon locally and
deny logon locally. If the user right is not being managed at the domain/OU
level then the local administrator should be able to modify those user
rights to be what is needed. The deny logon locally overrides any
corresponding user right for logon locally. --- Steve

"Kristina" <Kristina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> My computer went into hybernation/sleep mode when I was on the phone at
> work,
> when I hit the CTRL+ALT+DEL button and tried to login with my username and
> password, a message poped up saying "The local policy of this system does
> not
> permit you to logon interactively"
>
> Does anyone know what that means, I am fairly computer savvy, but am not
> an
> IT Proffesional, I am the manager of a remote branch office, and our IT
> guy
> is in Japan (conveniently). I cannot access my outlook, file folders,
> documents, etc.
>
> It did let me login using my email address with the password, but Outlook
> is
> entirely diabled, and I cannot even access my old folder from "Documents
> and
> Settings"
>
> Kristina

  • Re: HELP! "LOGIN INTERACTIVELY PROHIBITED BY LOCAL POLICY"
    ... when I hit the CTRL+ALT+DEL button and tried to login with my username and password, a message poped up saying "The local policy of this system does not ... I cannot access my outlook, file folders, documents, etc. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: OWA 5.5 login access denied
    ... In order for OWA to work there are ... >Microsoft MVP - Windows NT Server ... >> but unable to login via OWA. ...
  • Re: Outlook 2002 using word as e-mail editor
    ... User rights? ... Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ... the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal ... | that has a unbearable lag time while trying to open word ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: restricting user
    ... There are a user rights that control logon, ... and/or accounts granted that user right. ... domain to allow only users to login which i wants. ...
  • Re: OWA 5.5 login access denied
    ... In order for OWA to work there are some user rights that ... Microsoft MVP - Windows NT Server ... When we change the owner of the mailboxs in> Exchange 5.5, we can login on outlook desktop clients,> but unable to login via OWA. ...