Re: [Help] - MS Shared Computer Toolkit denies me access to admin

You could try copying the contents of the windows\repair folder to the
\windows\system32\config folder and I would also copy the contents of the
\windows\system32\config folder to somewhere else also for safekeeping
first. You may not be able to copy all the files as some may be in use even
in Recovery Console. --- Steve

"Quilty" <Quilty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> I just installed Microsoft's shared computer toolkit and got to the
> getting
> started window in the program only to have my computer reboot into the
> test
> account that I had made. Now, the test account is a limited/restricted
> account and both administration accounts don't show up in the logon
> screen. I
> clicked on hide administration account so it automatically logs onto the
> limited account. I didn't realize that clicking this would mean never ever
> getting access to my administration account. I tried booting into safe
> mode
> only to have it behave the same as if I were to log on normally. I don't
> want
> to reinstall windows and I've even gone so far as to try to restore my
> Windows and change the registry settings (both of which I'm denied access
> to)
> and went into the recovery console. I also tried the alt+ctrl+del twice
> method, but no new window outside of the task manager pops up. I can logon
> my admin account through the recovery console but don't know what to do
> from
> there. The MS forums seem way too packed with topics that I don't know
> where
> to put this one. I even called Dell and Microsoft only to have both of
> them
> reject my request for a non-fee-based tech support session. Thanks in
> advance.
>
> I have Windows XP pro with SP2 installed.

  • Re: New Disk File Problem
    ... I am running Windows XP PROFESSIONAL sp2. ... This is not your administrator account, ... >> Open Explorer, go to Tools and Folder Options, on the view tab, scroll to ...
  • Re: New Disk File Problem
    ... I am running Windows XP PROFESSIONAL sp2. ... This is not your administrator account, ... >> Open Explorer, go to Tools and Folder Options, on the view tab, scroll to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: New Disk File Problem
    ... I am running Windows XP PROFESSIONAL sp2. ... This is not your administrator account, ... >>> Open Explorer, go to Tools and Folder Options, on the view tab, scroll ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: New Disk File Problem
    ... I am running Windows XP PROFESSIONAL sp2. ... This is not your administrator account, ... >>> Open Explorer, go to Tools and Folder Options, on the view tab, scroll ...
  • Re: New Disk File Problem
    ... This is not your administrator account, ... Open Explorer, go to Tools and Folder Options, on the view tab, scroll to ... > I have gone to windows explorer tools and selected folder options and the> view tab. ...