IPSec Help Requested

I use the built-in IP filtering in the Windows XP OS. I have had great
success blocking nuisance IPs from connecting to my web server.

I built an FTP server that I want to block all incoming access to, then
allow a couple of specific IPs. It appears that I can only have one security
policy assigned at a time, so I added the block all statement to my
webserver ACL filter list

Any IP, My IP, TCP, Port 21, Inbound.

Yet I can still connect from an outside source. I can't see what I Did wrong
as the other blocks are working, the only difference is on this one I
specified the protocol, and the port.

  • Re: [opensuse] virtual IP port is filtered
    ... additional web server on port 80. ... iptables is open: ... PORT STATE SERVICE VERSION ... Nmap cannot determine whether the port is open because packet filtering ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Event 5152
    ... It is possible that your web server is blocking malicious packets such as those that were used in Nimda, Code Red and other viruses/worms etc. IIS in Windows 2008 has already built in functionality and filtering that was introduced with IIS Lockdown tool. ...
  • Re: web server placement.
    ... I would also say the second but only if the web server is hardened and you ... should consider using IPSec filter list rather than the TCP/IP Filtering. ... or having the public webserver in a Dirty DMZ (using a screening ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)