Re: Win32/Apropos.B; WinNT/Zufyx.ASpyware.Apropos.C; Trojan.Win32.

David:
For the most part, it worked! I wasn't able to run sophos, but i ran the
other 3 and I think that it found alot more than I knew about lurking in the
dark recesses of "DOSLand"! Thanks for your help! everything is lightening
fast like when i first bought the computer 2 years ago. I AM STILL GETTING
THE SYSTEM 32 FOLDER OPENING ON STARTUP THOUGH. I JUST CLOSE IT AND GO ON
WITH MY ACTIVITY AND EVERYTHING WORKS GREAT: IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS, BE
VERY DETAILED INSTRUCTION BECAUSE I AM A NOVICE AT SOLVING THESE PROBLEMS.

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING,

mARK DEVILBISS, LAS VEGAS , NV

"David H. Lipman" wrote:

> From: "Multiple Virus Problems: I'm Deserate!!" <Multiple Virus Problems: I'm
> Deserate!!@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> | I received a message from reporting a major shutdown to MS that I had these
> | viruses on my computer:
> | Win32/Apropos.B;
> | WinNT/Zufyx.A
> | Spyware.Apropos.C;
> | Trojan.Win32.Crypt.t
> |
> | When I try to go on safe mode by pressing F8 when booting, and then sign on
> | to the internet using AOL, it says that my modem is being blocked, so I can't
> | get to the HTTP://safety.live.com/ website to remove the problem, because
> | apparently they are only detectable in safe mode. can someone help me? I
> | have ordered the new SP patch for XP, but I have a 56k modem connection, so i
> | can't download many things very fast. I am also receiving the following
> | message as a part of the virus problem: "UTISSEND.EXE HAS ENCOUNTERED A
> | PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO CLOSE. WE ARE SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE". Also, a
> | folder entitled, "System 32" opens on startup. can anyone help me; I'm
> | desperate...
> | mark
>
> There are anti virus News Groups specifically for this type of discussion.
>
> microsoft.public.security.virus
> alt.comp.virus
> alt.comp.anti-virus
>
> Start with the McAfee module in the following Multi AV Scanning Tool.
>
> Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL --
> http://www.ik-cs.com/programs/virtools/Multi_AV.exe
>
> To use this utility, perform the following...
> Execute; Multi_AV.exe { Note: You must use the default folder C:\AV-CLS }
> Choose; Unzip
> Choose; Close
>
> Execute; C:\AV-CLS\StartMenu.BAT
> { or Double-click on 'Start Menu' in C:\AV-CLS }
>
> NOTE: You may have to disable your software FireWall or allow WGET.EXE to go through your
> FireWall to allow it to download the needed AV vendor related files.
>
> C:\AV-CLS\StartMenu.BAT -- { or Double-click on 'Start Menu' in C:\AV-CLS}
> This will bring up the initial menu of choices and should be executed in Normal Mode.
> This way all the components can be downloaded from each AV vendor's web site.
> The choices are; Sophos, Trend, McAfee, Kaspersky, Exit this menu and Reboot the PC.
>
> You can choose to go to each menu item and just download the needed files or you can
> download the files and perform a scan in Normal Mode. Once you have downloaded the files
> needed for each scanner you want to use, you should reboot the PC into Safe Mode [F8 key
> during boot] and re-run the menu again and choose which scanner you want to run in Safe
> Mode. It is suggested to run the scanners in both Safe Mode and Normal Mode.
>
> When the menu is displayed hitting 'H' or 'h' will bring up a more comprehensive PDF help
> file. http://www.ik-cs.com/multi-av.htm
>

> * * * Please report back your results * * *
>

> --
> Dave
> [...]

  • Re: Cant update AdAWare,SpyBot,AVG
    ... I disabled the Windows Firewall, ... When I went to Safe Mode, ... Sophos, and I had to D/L again in Normal Mode. ... > FireWall to allow it to download the needed AV vendor related files. ...
  • Re: TR/Dldr.SecondTh.HA, more questions
    ... Kaspersky Safe Mode Found 0 Problems. ... A Rerun of Trend online said No threats Found. ... "David H. Lipman" wrote: ... > FireWall to allow it to download the needed AV vendor related files. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Homepage keeps resetting itself
    ... > Is there some sort of idiots method, i.e. download an *.exe, run it, ... >>>difficult CWS parasite variants to remove. ... >>>using a malware provider's uninstall, ... >>>All of these removal tools should be run from Safe mode when possible. ...
  • Re: Isass.exe application error at log on in windows xp
    ... | It all started with my AV (Sophos) found a file called DDCCB.DLL. ... It is suggested that you execute each tool in Normal Mode then in Safe Mode. ... The only folder under that folder should be the latest version. ... Download Atribune's VUNDOFIX.EXE ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: No Desktop, No icons, No START, No Taskbar
    ... I backed-up onto a 100gb Maxtor remote, reinstalled XP Pro SP2, downloaded ... Download SP2 ... MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User ... I've tried to scan in both Safe Mode and Normal Mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)