Re: How can I deny viewing the local drive from Internet Explorer?

If you restrict access to the Windows\System32 folder for running programs, your users may not be able to do much of anything on the computer.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"CurtisC" <CurtisC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:575F1EE3-87F7-4DF4-A52F-0209B8F32FD9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Is there a method I can use to restrict viewing the local drives of an XP
> workstation from Internet Explorer? I don't want a certain segment of users
> to have the ability to browse the system32 directory and run commands from
> there.
>
> Thanks

  • Securing a standalone workstation
    ... Documents folder. ... but to fully acheive this hiding breaks the applications on ... to Windows Explorer that let you restrict drive access? ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Searching through Items with created Property (DisplayFormat = FALSE)
    ... You cannot use Restrict or Find unless the field has been added to the ... It's also not listed as a valid setting for the DisplayFormat ... AddToFolders is the argument that controls whether it's added to the folder, ... I would add the field to the folder and initialize it to a default value ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba)
  • Re: Deny _WRITE_ access to a file
    ... >> script runs as BUILTIN\SYSTEM). ... to try to go the "extra mile" and "really" restrict the things. ... So any other folder (for example, those hanging from C: ... >The explicit DENY will generally override the ALLOW. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Deny _WRITE_ access to a file
    ... >> script runs as BUILTIN\SYSTEM). ... to try to go the "extra mile" and "really" restrict the things. ... So any other folder (for example, those hanging from C: ... >The explicit DENY will generally override the ALLOW. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)