Re: Win32/Apropos.B; WinNT/Zufyx.ASpyware.Apropos.C; Trojan.Win32.Cryp

From: "Multiple Virus Problems: I'm Deserate!!" <Multiple Virus Problems: I'm
Deserate!!@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| I received a message from reporting a major shutdown to MS that I had these
| viruses on my computer:
| Win32/Apropos.B;
| WinNT/Zufyx.A
| Spyware.Apropos.C;
| Trojan.Win32.Crypt.t
|
| When I try to go on safe mode by pressing F8 when booting, and then sign on
| to the internet using AOL, it says that my modem is being blocked, so I can't
| get to the HTTP://safety.live.com/ website to remove the problem, because
| apparently they are only detectable in safe mode. can someone help me? I
| have ordered the new SP patch for XP, but I have a 56k modem connection, so i
| can't download many things very fast. I am also receiving the following
| message as a part of the virus problem: "UTISSEND.EXE HAS ENCOUNTERED A
| PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO CLOSE. WE ARE SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE". Also, a
| folder entitled, "System 32" opens on startup. can anyone help me; I'm
| desperate...
| mark

There are anti virus News Groups specifically for this type of discussion.

microsoft.public.security.virus
alt.comp.virus
alt.comp.anti-virus

Start with the McAfee module in the following Multi AV Scanning Tool.

Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL --

Choose; Unzip
Choose; Close

Execute; C:\AV-CLS\StartMenu.BAT

This will bring up the initial menu of choices and should be executed in Normal Mode.
This way all the components can be downloaded from each AV vendor's web site.
The choices are; Sophos, Trend, McAfee, Kaspersky, Exit this menu and Reboot the PC.

file. http://www.ik-cs.com/multi-av.htm

Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  • Re: Possible Virus; Need Xp Gurus Help
    ... missing from Norton. ... opinion" av scanner). ... Please download, install and update the following software... ... I suggest scanning the system in Safe Mode. ...
  • Re: ssk.exe surfsidekick
    ... you did not have load of 'virii' or 'viri' as there is no such terminolgy. ... It is HIGHLY suggested that you get the administrator password so you can logon in Safe Mode ... You can choose to go to each menu item and just download the needed files or you can ... needed for each scanner you want to use, you should reboot the PC into Safe Mode [F8 key ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: req help: norton cannot delete eied s7 c 77.exe download.trojan
    ... Fix fails, quarantine fails, delete fails, ... Use the following Multi AV scanner tool. ... McAfee and Trend, scan in Safe Mode. ... Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL -- ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: SOS: Trojan on XP is not permitting to function any application
    ... I could run AVG scanner and removed 29 instances of trojan ... and Safe mode with command prompt is working. ... Anything else which might have gone wrong while removing the trojan ... FireWall to allow it to download the needed AV vendor related files. ...
  • Re: W32 trojan-gen {VB}
    ... Scanned i Safe Mode with: Sophos, Trend, McAfee, Kaspersky - only Kaspersky ... FireWall to allow it to download the needed AV vendor related files. ... needed for each scanner you want to use, you should reboot the PC into Safe Mode [F8 key ...
    (microsoft.public.security)