Re: need registry key for blank passwd

Take a look at this registry key which may disable it I believe when set to
zero as shown.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\limitblankpassworduse:
0x00000000

I use a free program called Regshot to do comparisons of the registry before
and after such a change. There are other programs that may be a bit easier
to use but for the price and the fact that it does not have to be installed
make Regshot a neat utility to have.--- Steve

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/regshot.html --- Regshot.

"Tony" <Tony@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I am going into a zero security situation next
> week. I am going to have manually turn off
>
> --> Control Panel
> --> Local Security Settings
> --> Security Options - Accounts
> --> Limit local account use of blank
> passwords to console login only
>

> So anyone can log into anyone without a password.
>
> Can anyone tell which registry key and value "off"
> corresponds to so I can just load a registry key?
> (It would save a lot of time if I could just write my
> own .reg file to turn off "blank passwords to console
> login only.")
>
> Many thanks,
> --Tony

  • Re: blank password
    ... User Key: ... System Key: ... If you are unable to change the registry key because you are restricted, ... change it to zero length passwork at a simple key press using registry ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: XP crashes whenever it has to read folders with many Jpeg files
    ... No Photoshop on this coputer I use Fireworks (macromedia) ... I found a solution by deleteing the default value in the registry key ... (zero out) ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos)
  • Re: Shutdown Win2k PRO
    ... Check this registry key: ... The value should be 0 (zero). ... John ... AL Grant wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: DOS Program On Zip Drive
    ... Sorry Dave. ... One was to go to Start/Control Panel/System/ ... was to go to a Registry Key and make certain that the DOS ... filename was a zero rather than a one. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.new_user)