Re: Lavasoft Ad-aware SE detects adware/spyware in registry

From: "Bozay" <Bozay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| I have used Lavasoft Ad-aware SE personal (version 1.05) in the past and on
| many occasions the software has detected adware/spyware in my registry.
|
| From what i know it is not the best thing to tamper with the registry so was
| wondering if infact by removing these spyware/adware it will damage my system.

Let Ad-aware SE make those changes. Lavasoft did extensive research and knows what Registry
entries should be removed. It is also hard coded into the software with an extremely small
chance of a mistake being made.

It is containdicated for the layman to make manual changes to the Registry without specific
knowlege on the use of editing the Registry because a mistake can have negative side
effects.

BTW: Ad-Aware SE v1.06 has improved performance and fixed a few bugs.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  • Re: Need help about this SPyware/Adware
    ... >It is my understanding that if Ad-Aware SE Personal is run in Safe Mode ... >it will remove spyware in registry entries (it will report "deep scanning ... Also Ad-Aware has settings: ...
    (comp.sys.hp.hardware)
  • Re: Need help about this SPyware/Adware
    ... It is my understanding that if Ad-Aware SE Personal is run in Safe Mode ... it will remove spyware in registry entries (it will report "deep scanning ... Also Ad-Aware has settings: ...
    (comp.sys.hp.hardware)
  • Re: Ad-Aware - OT?
    ... When you get to the list of "bad entries", don't ask for removal, just ... Delete the listed registry keys manually and exit. ... Open Ad-Aware and try to update it. ... If you can identify the applicationthat are running on boot that aren't ...
  • Re: Current Security Settings Prohibit Running ActiveX
    ... it seems there si something wrong in the Registry ... I ran them like 3 times and "fix" the problems ... This is the last result for Ad-aware ... Jeired RegKey Malware ...
  • Re: Wo sind Reste eines Programmes versteckt?
    ... >> Ich wollte den Virenscanner F-Secure installieren und habe, ... >> dass weiterhin Ad-Aware installiert sei. ... >diese Stellen im Dateisystem und in der Registry kommt es letztendlich an. ... Ebenfalls existierende Absenderadresse wird nicht regelmäßig ausgelesen. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.win2000.setup)