dvd-rw drive properties/security tab missing

From: Fred (fred_at_ilovespam.com)
Date: 11/23/05

Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 19:10:53 +0200

hi, i`ve read in a few places that if u restart in safe mode u can set
the security of cd drives, but on my xp sp2 mashine the security tab is
not showing ( this is only for the cd, for the ntfs disk partition its ok)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Windows 7
    ... SP4 update and subsequent security patches. ... measures were introduced in XP the Win2k didn't have. ... hard drives. ... I too partition my drives so as to place the OS in a nicely tight ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Re: More on caching and logging
    ... or do you think it also includes corporate security ... Refusing to boot up is a felony. ... I was going to run down some process involving hard drives ... Apple did to implement this new product or will they allow it to be ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: RAID 5 drive replacement schedule
    ... I checked the RAID array and found ... Raid 5 is an IT field & technologie, and adds to the security by making 1 ... failed drive NOT impact availability. ... Change drive A and hope drives B & C will last longer. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Access databases on 64bit Windows
    ... I am of the belief that Jet ULS is worthless, ... false sense of security, which I feel is worse than no security ... WDE the drives, remove the bootloader from the HD completely, and boot ... There are so many ways that a system, particularly on a network, can ...
    (comp.databases.ms-access)
  • RE: Unwanted Pages and Favourites
    ... I will set all my security stuff to high as you ... "nass" wrote: ... Yes you should Scan in safe Mode to be in the safe side. ...