Re: Can Win XP Pro SP2 security upgrades slow down HD access?

From: Potis (Potis_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 11/20/05

    Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 14:22:02 -0800

    I am writing to you about a serious error during the operation of Windows XP.
    It caused to lose my data information on hard disk drives.
    More specifically, a whole partition from the secondary (slave) disk was
    transferred to the primary.
    As a result, it erased all the data existing, operating system and valuable
    documents.
    It happened suddenly. When I tried to start normally my PC, the operating
    system didn't work.
    I found out that a word file might cause it.
    When I open it (I have saved it also in a CD media) there is nothing in it,
    only some blank squares instead of greek letters. Also, when I tried to see
    the properties of the file and change them, the system is booting at once.
    I have very good anti-virus protection (Norton 2006) and installed critical
    updates and SP2.

    Any suggestions?

    Ο χρήστης "All Things Mopar" έγγραψε: