Re: Can Win XP Pro SP2 security upgrades slow down HD access?

From: Potis (Potis_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 11/20/05

Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 14:22:01 -0800

I am writing to you about a serious error during the operation of Windows XP.
It caused to lose my data information on hard disk drives.
More specifically, a whole partition from the secondary (slave) disk was
transferred to the primary.
As a result, it erased all the data existing, operating system and valuable
documents.
It happened suddenly. When I tried to start normally my PC, the operating
system didn't work.
I found out that a word file might cause it.
When I open it (I have saved it also in a CD media) there is nothing in it,
only some blank squares instead of greek letters. Also, when I tried to see
the properties of the file and change them, the system is booting at once.
I have very good anti-virus protection (Norton 2006) and installed critical
updates and SP2.

Any suggestion?

Ο χρήστης "All Things Mopar" έγγραψε: