Re: norton internet security & windows firewall

From: Shenan Stanley (newshelper_at_gmail.com)
Date: 11/17/05

Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 16:43:57 -0600

Albert wrote:
> i have a norton and windows firewall in my pc. the problem is that
> windows firewall is disabled everytime i reboot my pc. i tried to use
> norton but i cannot access the internet. are there any settings i
> could do to make either of them work? thanks

Personal opinion and experience:
 Get rid of NIS now. You can use just the Antivirus if you desire - but the
full product just sucks down the resources and is "too much" for most users.

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

  • Re: Windows Firewall turned off
    ... XP SP2 is installed and it is Norton Internet Security. ... Windows firewall would be more efficient to run instead of the Norton worm ... Is the Windows firewall enabled on reboot? ...
  • Re: Norton 2009 upgrade & Zonealarm
    ... Norton - It takes does things I don't want it to do, ... Will switch to a different antivirus when the contract ... the Windows Firewall in XP does a fantastic job ... Deconstructing Common Security Myths. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Bummer
    ... >>but I don't know how Norton allowed itself to be turned off. ... >Norton takes a couple minutes to activate when you reboot. ... Would Flash drives be considered reliable enough? ... Both units with the sensitive data have CD-RW drives. ...
    (rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons)
  • Re: Simple home network stops working ?
    ... >integrated Lan card and updated the SIS900 driver for this adaptor from the ... You've tested the network adapters, and replaced the network cable. ... Is the Norton firewall part of Norton Internet Security or do you have ... Disable the Windows Firewall. ...
  • Re: LOSE INTERNET CONNECTIVITION IF AV SOFTWARE IS INHSTALLED
    ... Norton subscription and download a large upgrade failed. ... CONGRATULATIONS FOR SUCCESSFUL INSTALLATION my internet connection is LOST!! ... the Windows Firewall in XP does a fantastic job ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)