Strange Lockout on WinXP Pro

From: ggg (loch-schwarz_at_bayern-mail.de)
Date: 11/17/05

Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 16:31:42 +0100

Hi,

I wonder if anyone has run into this one before, and point me towards
some information on how to fix it.

Here at work, one of my computers with Windows XP Pro is not letting
me log in and claims it can not reach a domain when I try. There is no
domain in its network and never was. It is only a member of a small
workgroup. Interestingly the name of the domain, which it claims not
able to reach, is actually the name of the computer itsself.

The first thing I need to be able to do is log in and fix what is
broken or some way of fixing the data on its disks using an other
computer. I'm not sure what I would actually have to fix or what needs
looking at.

Thank you for the bandwidth,

t.d.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Damn Blizzard
    ... until Blizzard gets around to fixing the problem. ... Disconnects can equal 45 min queue. ... The code works fine, fix your computer. ... Public comments/complaints & direct complaints are a huge ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • RE: [Full-Disclosure] Re: Full Disclosure != Exploit Release
    ... > wasn't important to fix. ... specific bug. ... and they wouldn't be fixing it as they are concentrating on supporting 32bit ... The information contained in this email and any attachments is ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Redirect
    ... Yes, and if it's garbage on purpose, don't fix it. ... And do you now understand that fixing 4 is just plain stupid? ... Suppose I want a password to be max 20 characters. ... > submitted data first. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Fixing Start AND End Dates of tasks
    ... You really can't fix both start and end directly. ... making the task a fixed duration task and fixing the start date with a "Must ... to meet those dates and if the initial calculation says no, ...
    (microsoft.public.project)
  • RE: [Full-Disclosure] Re: Full Disclosure != Exploit Release
    ... While I agree that they should be fixing their problems, ... >> wasn't important to fix. ... > specific bug. ... The information contained in this email and any attachments is ...
    (Full-Disclosure)