Re: "log on" form

From: Steven L Umbach (n9rou_at_n0-spam-for-me-comcast.net)
Date: 11/17/05

Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 17:47:55 -0600

Make sure that the user account "josh" on the other computer has the same
password that you use on your computer and that user josh has access
permissions to the "Michael" share for both share and folder [NTFS]
permissions. The link below explains more on that if you have any
uestion. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308418

"billie" <mlist@fastwebnet.it> wrote in message
>I got two Windows XP prof SP2 machines sharing two folders with different
>access priviledges.
> This kind of sharing forces me to logout with "josh" user everytime I want
> to access the "michael" share.
> I rember that in case like this it should appears a log in windows in wich
> I could authenticate myself with alternative credentials but this does not
> happen because appears simply an error related to the wrong access
> privileges.
> How can I restore that logon form?
> It was really useful.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Cannot connect to the Internet
    ... My Windows 2000 pro PC is connected to the internet (Local Area ... Connection 2 Status icon shows "Connected" with a speed of 10.0 ... Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com ... user account which is interfering with the PC. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.virtualpc)
  • Re: Office 2007 Setup Successful - but Office wont run
    ... I am glad to hear that Office works fine under the new Windows account. ... Office 2007 Setup Successful - but Office won't run ... I have created a new local user account with administrative privileges and when I log in, ... Newsgroups: microsoft.public.office.setup ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)
  • RE: XP Password Expired
    ... - The Windows XP password policy has caused the user account password to expire. ... - You upgrade the computer from Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition to Windows XP. ... Log on as Administrator and Reset the Password ... If you are unable to change the password for the default user account, log on to the computer as Administrator, and then reset the password on ...
  • Re: Most secure mainstream OS? (was Re: QuickTime 7.1.6: Java vulnerability Fix)
    ... In Windows, lots of applications don't work correctly if you don't run them from a user account with administrative privileges. ... In contrast, each user account in Mac OS X has its own preferences folder to which no other users have access, and even if the entire preferences folder is wiped clean, the operating system boots up fine. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • RE: Icons missing :Windows Administration Tools installed on a Wor
    ... Keep pressing F8 key until the Windows Startup menu appears. ... To verify if some system files are corrupted, ... Microsoft Global Technical Support Center ... |> Can you try to create a new user account to see if the issue still ...