forgotten password

From: Appolonia (Appolonia.1yha3f_at_pcbanter.net)
Date: 11/14/05

Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 08:01:02 +0000

My niece has a Dell 85-- (can't remember) PC running XP home edition.
She's forgotten her password. So I tried a couple of password cracking
programmes but now am in even more trouble. The PC no longer boots to
windows, instead it boots to a dos screen which asks me for the
password and to press (ctrl+enter) to disable security or (enter) to
keep security enabled.

The PC has no floppy drive (thanks dell for that stroke of genius) so I
copied a boot file to a CD, however the primary boot is of course IDE
and I can't change that as I don't even get the option to go into the
bios now.

Can somebody help??

--
Appolonia

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Problem with install, new computer, a DELL.
    ... Harttra wrote: ... > I tryed installing Windows XP on my new DELL from scratch. ... > own version of XP and when it boots and I tell it to intall Windows ... It's a Dell Poweredge SC420. ...
  • Re: Windows XP Pro for a Server
    ... You need to be talking to DELL about this!!!!!! ... > Do you think I could pul the Hard Drive and put in a new Drive and then ... >> for use in a server enviourment ... >>> act when the OP boots the machine with his own boot CD? ...
  • Re: Missing File
    ... I have a small problem with an old Dell Latitude laptop. ... When it boots ... There *is* an issue if System Restore was turned OFF on the XP install. ... that case, you can only use the default install registry, which knows ...
  • dell insipiron laptop problem
    ... Have an old Dell 6000 inspiron laptop. ... It has XP on and boots up fine apaprt from when it gets to the descktop the ... If i start it in safe mode the screen comes up fine and al works ok, ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)