Re: HELP Autoupdate

From: Jennie (hnix_at_adelphia.net)
Date: 11/12/05

Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 18:31:37 -0500

I went to http://windowsxp.mvps.org/aupolicy.htm

and got the autoupdate to show and working ok, but I could not find

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \
Policies \ WindowsUpdate

in xp home edition to delete delete the value DisableWindowsUpdateAccess

Where is can i find it in the registry?

Ty

--
Bill
KI4HPZ
"Jennie" <hnix@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> If I try to update manually from the web site it says that network policy
> prohibits updates?
>
> --
>
> Bill
> KI4HPZ
>

> "Jennie" <hnix@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>>I am the administrator of the computer too.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Bill
>> KI4HPZ
>>

>> "Jennie" <hnix@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>>> Is this the right newsgroup?
>>>
>>> My autoupdate screen, windows xp home,  in the control panel is grayed
>>> out? Is there a way to fix it so I can turn autoupdate back on? It is
>>> grayed out off.
>>>
>>> ty
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Bill
>>> KI4HPZ

Relevant Pages

  • Re: HELP Autoupdate
    ... the autoupdate on the right side of the console. ... > in xp home edition to delete delete the value DisableWindowsUpdateAccess ... > "Jennie" wrote in message ...
  • Re: HELP Autoupdate
    ... If you have any questions about Windows Update,Microsoft has a separed ... Let's beat malware black and blue ... > the autoupdate on the right side of the console. ...
  • Re: Important Product Vulnerability - December 2004 Microsoft Security Bulletin Release
    ... > Hat jemand ne Ahnung warum das im Windowsupdate nicht auftaucht? ... vielleicht Autoupdate schon heimlich untergeschoben? ... Saludos ...
    (microsoft.public.de.security.heimanwender)
  • Re: Security Update Q329414 (MDAC 2.1)
    ... This can be fixed--it's WindowsUpdate (or autoupdate) that's broken, ... Try the microsoft.public.windowsupdate newsgroup for experts in this area. ... > I have updated my critical updates for this Q329414 ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: HELP Autoupdate
    ... > autoupdate on the right side of the console. ... LOL ...