Re: XP asks for password

daniel_at_corporatereliabilityroundtable.com
Date: 11/09/05

Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 16:05:51 -0500

right
"TaurArian [MVP]" <taurarianREMOVECAPS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:%23bM7jR44FHA.1864@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Depending on your version of WinXP:-
>
> Right click on the desk top, select properties, select Screen Saver Tab.
> Uncheck "On resume, display welcome screen."
> or
> Uncheck "On resume, password protect"
>

> "Sorcerer Steven" <SorcererSteven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:834BB8EE-9681-4E37-B50D-96C840E2F225@microsoft.com...
>> On my computer there are multiple users, though none have a password.
>> Occasionally, if a user tries to switch users, log off, or if the
>> screensaver
>> is activated and the computer is reactivated at the choose user screen,
>> every
>> user now has a password (if you click a user name, it asks for a
>> password).
>> This doesn't happen every time, and if you restart the computer it
>> disappears. Does anyone have any ideas what would cause this?
>> ---
>> ?v

Relevant Pages

  • "Undoing" the locking of a screensaver on WinXP.
    ... At work we have an automated system whereby the workstation is "locked" ... though I was still at my desk anyway. ... I can't edit the screensaver section because it has been blanked out ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Any LCD experts?
    ... The panel is fine otherwise. ... digital; theirs is, obviously, analogue. ... PC is on the desk, ... And don't tell me to change the screensaver - it's the best one there is! ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Paging the IT netjbexvat Sheddies
    ... but it usually only kicks in when you're away from your desk ... or concentrating on something else. ... What bugs me are people who use a screensaver on an LCD screen. ...
    (uk.rec.sheds)
  • Re: being timed out
    ... Sounds like it's the screensaver coming on and then you have to log back on. ... Right click on the desk top, select properties, select Screen Saver Tab. ... Uncheck "On resume, display welcome screen." ... Uncheck "On resume, password protect" ...
  • Re: Logg users of automatically
    ... Right click on the desk top, select properties, select Screen Saver Tab. ... Check "On resume, display welcome screen." ... the screensaver turns on? ...