Re: Cannot logon

From: Steven L Umbach (n9rou_at_n0-spam-for-me-comcast.net)
Date: 11/09/05

Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 19:47:12 -0600

Hmm. You could try to copy the sam file from the windows\repair folder to
the \windows\system32\config folder
after renaming the original sam file to sam.old. You would have to do that
from outside the operating system by placing your hard drive
in another computer as a secondary/slave drive or by booting from something
like Barts PE which is a compact version
of the operating system that fits on a cdrom. If you happen to be using
FAT32 file system you could do that
from a bootable floppy. --- Steve

http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/ --- Bart's PE information.