Re: VIRUS PROTECTION

From: Shenan Stanley (newshelper_at_gmail.com)
Date: 11/08/05

Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 12:49:32 -0600

ALISSA wrote:
> I AM TRYING TO INSTALL THE MCAFEE FREE VIRUS PROTECTION THAT COMES
> WITH VERIZON DSL, BUT IT IS TELLING ME THAT I DON'T HAVE
> ADMINISTRATOR CAPABILITES BUT I AM LOGGED ON UNDER MY NAME AS THE
> ADMINISTRATOR. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME PROTECT MY PC.

All upper case characters are difficult to read. This is why major
publications rarely use all upper case for anything. Not to mention that on
the Intnernet - many consider all upper case the same as walking into a room
and yelling at the top of their lungs whatever it is they want to say - when
they are one foot from you.

First - I would personally advice against using McAfee. There are many
other free options out there that are - in my opinion - better.
However - having said that - I may be able to help you if you provide more
information.

- What operating system are you running? (If XP - Home or Pro?)
- Can you install other software?
- What patch level are you at with your OS?
- What does Verizon DSL say when you talk to their support?

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

  • Re: WIN2000 to WINXP
    ... > I just installed Windows XP Professional over Windows 2000 Professioonal ... Hi, Paul; ... Did your Verizon DSL service come with any software they require you to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Motive smart bridge
    ... Do I install? ... Google Is Your Friend. ... Updates" I got several interesting hits. ... So if you have Verizon DSL, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Upgrade from DSL to U-verse [Telecom]
    ... I just got the word from AT&T that they would not be able to install the U-Verse on my line. ... I guess I'll just have to live with what I have until they get more people in the area that want U-verse and place another Hub a couple of thousand feet closer or we get the long promised rebuild. ... 2009 I Kill Spammers, Inc., A Rot in Hell. ... But" Verizon DSL. ...
    (comp.dcom.telecom)
  • perl module help
    ... I am attempting to install f-prot to give myself some free virus protection. ... I know nothing about perl, and don't wish to get much into it at this point. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)