Re: Encrypted Files from a formatted drive

From: Segovia (incorrect_at_malformed.invalid)
Date: 11/01/05

Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 02:24:57 -0500

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 17:09:01 -0800, Kevin wrote:

> I realize that any account on this system is
> not a recovery agent nor the account that created encrypted the files.

Without the key you are totally hosed. You might as well accept that the
data is gone...

However you did say that the drive containing the key was formatted. That
in itself does not destroy the data. If you reinstalled the OS after that,
and all the data files, then you might be out of luck since it's likely
that the clusters containing the key have been overwritten by now.

--
Segovia