Re: Adware, please help!

From: Malke (notreally_at_invalid.com)
Date: 10/25/05

Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 17:32:52 -0700

trieunguyen wrote:

> I share my computer with my sister, and all of the sudden, I come
> across this adware. The ad pops up and go straight to a website with
> url : http://..../normal/yyy34.html . The url is always this, but the
> ads are different. Some ads appeared in flash form as well.
>
> I tried scanning by Ad-aware, Microsoft Anti-spyware, System Mechanic
> 5 and Spyware doctor. I even scanned and reboot several times in safe
> mode, but no help. These adwares are spotted everytime I scan, and no
> matter how many time I remove it, it's always there after a restart.
>
> Please give me advices, I have so many important info in this computer
> and adware (which might lead to spyware) is my nightmare.

Did you do your scans in Safe Mode? If not, do so. To get to Safe Mode,
repeatedly tap the F8 key as the computer is starting up. Then navigate
to the Safe Mode item on the menu with your arrow key.

If you already did your scans in Safe Mode, run HijackThis and post your
log to *one* of the following forums (not here, please) where you will
get the help you need:

http://www.aumha.org/a/hjttutor.htm - HijackThis tutorial by Merijn
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?showtutorial=42 -
another tutorial
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html
http://spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5 - Spyware Warrior HijackThis
forum
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/

BTW, unplug your computer from any networks and back up your important
data NOW.

Malke

--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: uninstallation of windows desktop search
    ... that it was interfering with the use of my host, ... I can't stand seeing the rotation through ads in the preview pane. ... This is blatant adware ... If you want to use Copernic's Desktop search but don't want the ads then ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Generic Host Process for win32 Service
    ... Thanks Dave. ... while Adware found 12 dangerous objects whcih were eliminated. ... Than both NAV and Adware were run again in normal mode: ... Adware and NAV in safe mode and see if something new comes out... ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Getting Unwanted message at start-up?
    ... that it adware. ... It's probably trying to connect and display ads on your ... To get in safe mode and then run the anti-spy programs, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Computer with Alzheimers
    ... >>Restart your computer into safe mode. ... > Unfortunately I have already attempted this route, Norton ... "It's only Adware" so you left it on your computer? ... for removing the cause of your computer getting slower and slower. ...