Re: Forgot my password...

From: Kinger (Kinger.1xf8mf_at_pcbanter.net)
Date: 10/24/05

Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 19:54:24 +0100

thanks for your help, but i figured out a way to do it instead.
I switched the comp to safe mode, when I did this, it gave me an option
of a 2nd username (Administrator), which didnt require a password. Once
in this profile, I could remove the pass from my usual username and
create a new password.

Doubt this method would work for anyone, think it would have to be Home
Edition and, your admin couldnt be password-protected.

Thx anyway

--
Kinger

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Forgot my password...
    ... Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display\Security ... >> Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro ...
  • Re: Run a program all the time as admin
    ... Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display ... MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display ... >> Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro ...
  • Re: ActiveX Help and Support Center SP2
    ... Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display ... >>Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro ...
  • Re: Trojan
    ... Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display\Security ... MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display\Security ... >> Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro ...
  • Re: Help MCE and Net Framework 2.0 Problem
    ... Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display\Security ... Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)