more command

From: nick (cupofjava1961_at_aol.com)
Date: 10/09/05

Date: 9 Oct 2005 10:52:21 -0700

I have a stupid question for you.

When I'm in dos mode from xp and I do a dir | more it works.

When I'm in dos mode from NT and I do the same it tells me that it does
not recognize more.

Why do you think Microsoft would leave out this command from the dos
mode from NT?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: more command
    ... nick wrote: ... > I have a stupid question for you. ... > When I'm in dos mode from NT and I do the same it tells me that it does ... > Why do you think Microsoft would leave out this command from the dos ...
  • RE: Error 800706BE every time??
    ... Anyway i compare with the totalcommander's command "synchonize dirs (check ... To do this you must boot your PC from the windowsxp cd, ... to press "r" for "Recovery console" (some kind of dos mode) and then to ... If you don't have experience in the dos command line (expand, copy, that is ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Root kits ...luvly !
    ... still trying to run multi-av in DOS mode, ... | to the a/v houses to get their command line scanners! ... After you boot from the DOS Boot Disk or are in ?Safe Mode with Command Prompt? ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: How do I boot up in MS-DOS mode
    ... There is no "Dos mode" with Windows 2000 you'll need to boot a win98 floppy. ... Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup. ... Microsoft Certified Professional ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Really tough problem, maybe a virus.
    ... is a file system understood by that DOS mode. ... - boot to a command line instead of the GUI ... - run CMD.EXE as a command line interpreter within Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)