Re: system restore initialization failed

From: Ron Martell (
Date: 10/07/05

    Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 13:09:39 -0700

    Psych0 <> wrote:

    >hi. there's an error message appearing when i try to start my system restore
    >first of all, i'm sorry for my bad English. my operating system is not of an
    >English version, so those error messages are also not in English. so i'll try
    >to translate it into English as exactly, as possible.
    >here's the message i get:
    >"System Restore does not manage to protect your computer. Restart the
    >computer and start the System Restore again."
    >and it happens everytime i try to start the system restore.
    >here's what i found in the event log:
    >Source: SRService
    >ID: 104
    >"Error during initialization of system restore."
    >Though my translation is not very exact, i hope you'll find these error
    >messages familiar.
    >can it be fixed? and can i save my previous restore points?
    >i really need to restore my WIndows to a previous date.

    See MVP Bert Kinney's System Restore pages:

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada

    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    • Re: English keyboard
      ... Since this appears to be a recent issue, try using System Restore to take ... > How do i set my keyboard up for English, ... > language options is set to English, but still my keyboard ...
    • Re: add & remove
      ... > Just recently I did a system restore on my computer and is having ... > trouble a few software under add and remove. ... Is English a second or third language for you? ...
    • Re: web page language translator
      ... Try a System Restore back to a point before the problem started. ... MS-MVP Windows Shell/User ... Please reply to the News Groups ... this page/these pages into english. ...
      ... able to write in this window and am I also able to see the words in ... English, but all the words on the login page, start menu, programs' names, ... If the System Restore doesn't work, ...
    • Re: COM Add-ins
      ... There is an MVP in France, his name is Gerard; ... I tried the same operation on my 2007 English version with the same result ... The Analyze Timescaled Data in Excel works well on my French ...