Re: Help needed with SP2

From: Matija Hrovat (matija.hrovat_at_avtenta.si-spam)
Date: 09/27/05

Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 22:19:02 +0200

Hey Catz,
so the one thing you didn't mention is, if you tried MSCONFIG ?
If you didn't;
  start / run: msconfig
  click selective startup
  clear the checkbox - Load Startup Items
  go to Services tab
  check the box: Hide all Microsoft service
  Click Disable all
  OK
  Reboot into normal mode

if you did (and you understood before, sorry I didn't want to be
patronizing)
The update error could be connected with your blue screen error. The first
thing that comes to my mind is AV or firewall program-which should be solved
with msconfig, but I did saw some cases in which uninstalling and then
reinstalling of problematic program was a solution.

If the msconfig didn't do the trick, the next thing to try is to "remove"
hardware.
Go to device manager and disable Network card (you could try safe mode with
networking), sound card... Remove any USB devices like active card, cameras,
... and try booting into normal mode.
If the only thing left is your graphic card (you could try vga mode),
uninstall it (via device manager) and try normal mode.

Let us know what you found out and we'll go from there.

For direct e-mailing remove "-spam" from my e-mail address
--
Best Regards,
Matija Hrovat