Re: Windows Xp Home Hangs during Start

From: Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\) (Torgeir.Bakken-spam_at_hydro.com)
Date: 09/20/05

Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:49:03 +0200

Hi,

Here it looks like:

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers/browse_frm/thread/94fb81abb68e8c19/bc81a711814bbc87#bc81a711814bbc87

Regards,
Torgeir

rosed wrote:

> I am a new user. Where do I find the crosspost to Carl's question?
>

> Malke wrote:
>
>>*Carl wrote:
>>

>>>Windows Xp Home Hangs during Start
>>>Windows appears to crash just before the welcome screen comes on
>>
>>and
>>
>>>stays with a black screen with the mouse pointer showing. Ive
>>
>>Tried
>>
>>>Safe mode same problem. I done a system restore and same problem.

>>>tried putting the drive in another computer, im able to see my
>>
>>windows
>>
>>>files and access them. but it wont boot alone in my computer. I do
>>>have some error codes from the hard drive read errors and verify
>>>errors 00F0:0244 uncorrectable data error or media is write
>>
>>protected.
>>
>>>Im trying to salvage the drive or atleast map out the bad sectors.
>>>Please advise. Thanks
>>
>>Asked and answered in the other group. Please do not multipost.
>>Crosspost if you must and set a followup.

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

  • Re: 2003 AD networks security question
    ... Yeah, but it is much better to crosspost than to multipost: ... -- torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page Scripting Guide: ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: For Sale Dell XPS M1710 Laptop - *SPAM*
    ... Crosspost, do not multipost http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm ... Malke ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: modifying the registry
    ... Please see my response to you in the thread you started in ... Please, next time, do not multipost, crosspost if you feel that you ... -- torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page Scripting Guide: ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: extra download
    ... Malke wrote: ... >>to the original starting post instead of responding to any of the ... refers to be a response to the original article that started the ... -- torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page Scripting Guide: ...
  • Re: Prevent a user from entering safe mode
    ... >> This isn't correct, Malke. ... A BIOS password prevents the machine from ... ordinary boot and a safe mode boot? ... -- torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page Scripting Guide: ...