Re: Let Users Install Program?

From: Carey Frisch [MVP] (cnfrisch_at_nospamgmail.com)
Date: 09/17/05

Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 21:36:56 -0500

Description of the Software Restriction Policies in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310791

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
"jb" wrote:
| Is there a way to use Group Policies to let users install a certain software
| that we use for our company?  Right now, the users are in the User group.  I
| don't want them to have more rights than that, except to let them install or
| update a particular program.
|
| Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Restrictions using GPOs
    ... > The Software Restriction Policies is a way that administrators can ... it only applies to Windows XP and later systems. ... > - Don''t run specified Windows applications ... > Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Restrictions using GPOs
    ... The Software Restriction Policies is a way that administrators can ... it only applies to Windows XP and later systems. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Why are programs not digitally signed to protect against viruses?
    ... Windows XP Pro offers Software Restriction Policies which can ... be used to restrict what applications a user can install and execute based ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • RE: Group Policies
    ... I understand that you configured Windows Installer in Group Policy, ... The Software Restriction Policies is a way that administrators can ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: USB Drives
    ... Administrators or else you will have a very difficult time - particularly ... In Windows 2000 you can use Group Policy user ... -- Software Restriction Policies. ... >I would like to create a policy that allows access to data on USB drives, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)