Windows 200 server

From: Scott (Scott_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/08/05

Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 12:07:54 -0700

I have a network with domain usig Win 2k server.
I have anew workstation using XP pro sp2. I have created a user account on
the server and the workstation locally for the same user giveing them Admin
rights. However when I login under the domain, it will not allow the user to
install software, only when they are logged in locally.
I need this user to have admin rights for a special sofwtare install, that
the 'Install as Admin.." function does not suffice.
What would be blocking this user for full admin rights on the machine whn
logged in under the domain, even though they are an administrator of the
domain..

Relevant Pages

  • New TS Installation: 2 Problems
    ... with Act2000 and Word 2000 NOT playing nice together without admin rights to ... I have the new server with 2003R2 and TS installed (no other roles on the ... I followed MS's article on how to install TS and the applications. ... of garbage when I try to go there on either the server or in the TS session. ...
  • Re: New TS Installation: 2 Problems UPDATE
    ... I uninstalled Dymo and the runtime error went away. ... admin rights between Act and Word. ... I have the new server with 2003R2 and TS installed (no other roles on the ... I DID install all of the applications using install mode for TS as stated ...
  • Re: Sales guys that need to run Server OS - Impact on Domain?
    ... >> They would still need the ability to install software and patches on the ... >> a Server disk somewhere... ... > people at all but have to give them servers with admin rights then you've ... > around in here all day cos that's what we do here, technological solutions ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: FRUSTRATION when other Technical People Dont Give a :@&*
    ... You have a server with obvious problems, I think your idea to do a clean ... you wil find the problem was due to the initial install. ... which the local admin cannot view network properties. ... create a new user with admin rights and see if that user can do this. ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Re: Windows 200 server
    ... | I have a network with domain usig Win 2k server. ... | I have anew workstation using XP pro sp2. ... | What would be blocking this user for full admin rights on the machine whn ... If you create a user on the PC it is ONLY a local user account. ...