xp 2 firewall not passing UDP?

From: Dale Brewe (brewe_at_xspamxaps.anl.gov)
Date: 09/07/05

Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 09:00:10 -0500

I'm setting up the XP 2 firewall for the first time and I've noticed that it
does not allow connections to UDP ports no matter what I try. I've noticed
this in the case of the "file and print sharing" ports UDP 137, 138, and 445,
UDP 2049 used by the NFS service, and others. In the case of NFS I've tried
allowing an exception for nfssvc.exe as well as the port directly. I can tell
it's listening on these ports as soon as I turn the firewall off. TCP ports
respond to the configuration changes I make. Any hints about what's going on
would be helpful.
dale brewe

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Root exploit for FreeBSD
    ... for two ports to my FreeBSD portscluster nodes. ... and it gives the firewall ... US this is also quite common, at least with regards to University ... if your computer is going to connect on our network it must be configured in certain ways and behave "normally" or you won't get a connection. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Root exploit for FreeBSD
    ... for two ports to my FreeBSD portscluster nodes. ... and it gives the firewall ... US this is also quite common, at least with regards to University ... if your computer is going to connect on our network it must be configured in certain ways and behave "normally" or you won't get a connection. ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: Trouble accessing Outlook Web Access from behind firewall
    ... When starting the firewall I also set ... > rejected and dropped packets are logged, however I see nothing in my log ... > # Higher ports needed to accept incoming/outgoing calls ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: iptables configuration
    ... >> that if a 'virus/trojan' initiated a connection to the net, the firewall ... >> would not protect the LAN. ... The LAN is NATed with private IPs to one public IP. ... the ports that are used by services running on linux. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Norton Personal Firewall 2003
    ... |> First thing I would do is put the GRC test site into the Exclusions ... | ports they will not get the same result being in my blocklist, ... the firewall checks unsolicited inbound communications attempts. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)