Tweak UI - Password encryption and autologon

From: Larry Williams (LarryWilliams_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/30/05

Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 07:35:05 -0700

I'm writing a program that will accept a userid and password to do an
autologon after a restart using the following registry entries:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

 DefaultUserName "your_username"
 DefaultPassword "your_password"
 AutoAdminLogon "1"

However, if for some reason my program doesn't run properly and remove the
userid/password when it's finished then I want to ensure that the password
can't just be read from the registry. Therefore I need to know how to do the
same thing that Tweak UI does and store an encrypted version of the password.

Any ideas?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: restart a domain controller
    ... Try to find a command line tool or anothr program that can restart a 2k ... | - give the right under Terminal Services: Full access for the userid ... | - Local Security Settings: ... | Is there anything else I have to do, because a shutdown or restart is not ...
  • Re: ActiveSync 3.8
    ... Activesync leaves registry entries after it has been uninstalled- are there ... > Restart you desktop computer and run setup again. ... >> are you logged in as administrator when you run the install? ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)
  • Re: Autologon woes
    ... >>Win2k server doesnt have a control panel applet to set the autologon ... >> tool from Sysinternals to set them as well. ... >> Win2k server doesnt have a control panel applet to set the autologon. ... >> I have verified the Gina.dll registry entries remove ok, ...
  • restart a domain controller
    ... I have a problem to give the right to a userid to restart a domain ... Local Security Settings: ... Is there anything else I have to do, because a shutdown or restart is not ...
  • Re: Major Computer Slowdown
    ... invalid registry entries. ... Is it safe to let a program like this fix all the registry entries? ... > restart to a 2 min restart and then once loaded everything runs slow. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)