Re: Worm-protection warning/setting

From: Richard Urban [MVP] (richardurbanREMOVETHIS_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 08/30/05

Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 22:20:01 -0400

Rule of thumb = if you don't know what it is, do not give it permission. See
if everything is still working OK. If you find no problems, the next time it
pops up, deny it permanently.

Run a virus scan and spyware scan NOW!

Download, Install and update before use, AVG Free antivirus at
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/Get+AVG+FREE/lng/us/tpl/v5

Download, Install and update before use, Ad-Aware FREE at

Download, Install and update before use, SpyBot Search and Destroy at

Get back to us with the results of these tests.

--
Regards,
Richard Urban
"dls3001" <dls3001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can someone tell me what svch/w32 is?  I do not know whether I should
> permit
> this access or not. My anti-virus internet worm protection keeps telling
> me
> that it is attempting to access. Thank you very much!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: PPTools Optimizer
    ... I have to download the software again. ... I have downloaded PPTools Optimizer. ... could not be done because I needed to give " read & write " permission. ... click Browse and choose your Username folder to install to. ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: XP Privlidges
    ... permission to install software, and they are limited to saving documents, or ... songs, or whatever only to locations they have permission to. ... > download a song from kazaa it would let me under their ...
  • RE: Administrator setting
    ... when I go to install them onto the computer is when i get the "You do not ... whenever I try to download a program it says I ... > do not have permission to download this program. ... > password to change it so I am an administrator. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Yahoo-djt
    ... Is there any way I can prevent this download? ... These toolbars are never installed without permission. ... to de-select the toolbar. ... attention to what they download and install, and what included when they do. ...
  • Re: WindowsUpdate_80240016 error
    ... They guy has just directed you to download malicious or crapware. ... Update will not install and shows Error Code 80240016 - computer runs forever but nothing happens. ... - but Vista will not allow me to rename the folder even tho I am an Admin ... Stop the Windows Update service ...