Re: xp asks for password...

From: Ash (Ash_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/29/05

Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:01:02 -0700

hi

- thanks for the answer, Galen.
tried as suggested, but does not work.

password recovery software shows both administrator and user passwords as
'blank'.

cannot still log on.
suggestions?

- thanks.

--
Ashish
"Galen" wrote:
> In news:03604205-F160-4F73-AB7B-931E352ECD31@microsoft.com,
> Ash <Ash@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:
>
>  My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:
>
> > hi experts,
> >
> > had sp2 and other updates installed.
> > uninstalled most of them because...well because i was trying to
> > install older software that worked before sp2 was installed..
> >
> > anyway, now big problem.  suddenly xp asks for password to logon, and
> > this is really strange, cos i have never in my life had a password
> > for my computer.
> >
> > so obviously no matter what i enter, the computer asks politely if
> > i've forgotten the password....
> >
> > what to do? big problem.  please help.
> >
> > thanks...
>
> Have you tried leaving it blank? If that didn't work then go ahead and kill
> the password, log on as admin, and then change the password for your
> account.
>
> Password Problems :
> http://kgiii.info/windows/2k-XP/security/password_problems.html
>
> Galen
> --
>
> "You know that a conjurer gets no credit when once he has explained his
> trick; and if I show you too much of my method of working, you will
> come to the conclusion that I am a very ordinary individual after all."
>
> Sherlock Holmes

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Log On Password
    ... Administrator and User Passwords in Windows XP ... "cala" wrote in message: ...
  • Re: ALl XP passwords wont work
    ... How to Log On to Windows XP If You Forget Your Password or Your Password Expires ... Administrator and User Passwords in Windows XP ... "Jon Graham" wrote in message: ...
  • Re: Administration password
    ... >Is it possible to press a combination of keys and reveal the user passwords? ... it is trivial to *change* an administrator password. ... changed administrator password can then restore the old one ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Lost Admin Password